School district spokesperson Elizabeth Graswich confirmed Tuesday morning that after a lengthy investigation officials found numerous infractions of CIF rules and has now passed along that report to the Sac-Joaquin Section office.
The Huskies' basketball program are the four-time defending Section Division I champions. They were the CIF State Division I Basketball runner-ups two seasons ago.
It was confirmed two weeks ago that the school district was looking into possible CIF recruiting rules violations. The school did have at least seven, possibly more, basketball players transfer into the program this academic year.
In an email to the Citizen Graswich wrote that school principal Paula Duncan met with the team and parents Monday night to inform them of the following:
- The investigation found that multiple CIF bylaws may have been violated. It also found that some District protocols were not followed.
- Disciplinary action is being taken.
- EGUSD shared its findings with CIF on Friday and will fully cooperate with CIF.
- That CIF has the right to implement its own sanctions.
- EGUSD will provide training for Sheldon HS athletic staff to ensure that such matters will not reoccur and the district will offer additional training for all EGUSD athletic programs.
Will DeBoard, Director of Communications for the Sac-Joaquin Section, said Tuesday afternoon they have no comment on the EGUSD action but Section Commissioner Pete Saco was reviewing the paperwork he received from the school district.